Eyelash Extensions Process
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil-free, water based cleanser with a lint-free cloth. Do not use makeup remover pads or cotton.
- Remove your contact lenses or bring a case with you to remove the lenses prior to eyelash application.
- Limit your intake of caffeine before you come. Caffeine can cause your eyelashes to flutter making application more difficult resulting in fewer lashes applied. Plan on spending 1 to 2.5 hours for your appointment.
- Limit your intake of liquids before your appointment, if you must get up during the appointment, it will lower the amount of lashes that can be applied with in your appointment time frame.
- Wear comfortable clothing for your appointment.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior your appointment time to fill our forms.
- Discuss with your Eyelash Specialist any concerns you may have prior your procedure begins.
- Select the type/look your desire with your Eyelash Specialist
- Once your look has been decided, you will be then escorted to a private suite where your eyelash extension application will be performed.
- Your lash stylist, will thoroughly clean off the lash and eye area prior application.
- After a thorough cleanse, the lash stylist will begin to place an eyelash extension to each individual natural lash. This process will take approximately 1.5 hours for your first set.
- Do not wear any makeup or wet your lashes 48 hours after every eyelash application (New set or Refill). This means no swimming, showering, steam or sauna for 48 hours. The adhesive takes a full 48 hours to fully cure (harden). Avoid getting water on your lashes.
- Make sure you do not sleep on your lashes the first night. If you can prop your head so you lashes are not pushed on during your first night’s sleep, your lashes will last much longer.
- Avoid any cosmetic product or cleanser containing oils, organic solvents, carbonate or high concentrations of alcohol. Products with these ingredients can break down the adhesive bond and shorten the lifespan of the extensions.
- Mascara is not recommended, especially waterproof mascara/eyeliner. Please note that repeated use of mascara will shorten the lifespan of your Eyelash Extensions and if you absolutely need to wear mascara only apply them to the bottom lashes.
- Curling of Eyelash Extensions is not recommended. Because the extensions already come curled, additional curling is not necessary and doing so may shorten the lifespan of the extensions by compromising the adhesive bond or distorting the extensions.
- Avoid pulling, picking or twisting your lash extensions. This can cause damage to your natural lashes and lead to premature shedding of your extensions.
- DO NOT! Under any circumstance try to remove the extensions yourself, see a trained professional for eyelash removal. (Please note there is a service fee for this)
- Brush and fluff your extensions once a day to reduce tangling and flipping! It should be done once lashes are dry after a shower.
- Return for touch-ups (refills) every 2-3 weeks to keep your lashes looking full, fresh and at their best!